Through teaching + performance I transform energy within me and other people, as well as the space – which creates community, healing, awakening to the self + knowledge of its physical body, growth and progress.
Movement has always been a tool for me to express and articulate myself. Through yoga it also became a tool to heal physical + emotional pain, recover from depression and comfort myself as I am walking along the path of a professional dancer. Refining the ability to articulate my body refines my ability to express myself.
All movement material and teaching, which is passing through me, enriches my teaching.
OF PROFOUND EXPLORATION + LEARNING
I started dancing at the age of 5 in the TanzAtelierZug, where I took classes in ballet, jazz and modern dance throughout my childhood and teenage years, and where I also collected my first teaching experiences. After graduation from Kantonsschule Zug 2011, I did my professional dance education in Copenhagen, Munich and Kassel. The following two seasons 2015/2016 and 2016/2017 I was working full-time as a dancer in the contemporary dance company ‘Divadlo Studio Tanca’ in Banska Bystrica, Slovakia.
During my time in Munich, I discovered yoga and practiced intensely, which led me to establish my own daily practice, a constant in my life ever since.
When I was living in Slovakia, I was teaching regular ballet classes. It was also during those two years, when I started teaching yoga, (for the dance company, private classes), which led me to the decision to finally do my yoga teacher certification (200h Yoga Alliance Certification) at Yoga Beach House in June 2017, which then spilled me into the journey of teaching yoga in different contexts and formats.
When I took the decision to pursue the carrier of a professional dancer, I didn’t realise, that I also set myself up on a journey of profound exploration of my own body. Throughout the years I widened my knowledge about different ways of stretching and strengthening in order to develop my physicality, as I hadn’t been born overly flexible. It has been and still is a path of individual research, strong-minded discipline and most of all continuing interest in the human anatomy. The discovery of yoga opened up a whole new world of possibilities in physical and eventually mental progress to me, which didn’t only match my personality, but has been supporting me on my pathway as a dancer ever since.
Having a long history of depression and anxiety yoga paired with a pure and healthy lifestyle has so far been the most effective tool for an on going process of healing and the elevation of my energy levels.
- July/August: research ‘THE LAMENTATIONS OF MY KIDNEYS’ (Project: Julia Kannewischer)
- June: ‘JULIA OHNE(2.AKTion/2.SZENE)’ (Solo: Julia Kannewischer)
- May: ‚Zwingli dirigiert’ – Opening ZÜRICH TANZT 2018 (Choreography: Philipp Egli)
- January: Video project ‚JULIA OHNE’ (Project: Julia Kannewischer)
August 2015 – May 2017
- Dancer at Divadlo Studio Tanca (full-time contract), Banska Bystrica (SK)
o ‘Pastierka vlkov’ / ‘The wolf shepherdess’ (Zuzana Hájková / March + Apr 2017)
o ‘Marnost’ nad Marnosti’/‘Vanity over vanity’ (Zuzana Hájková/Premiere Dez 16)
o ‘Ocista’ / ‘Purification’ (Zuzana Hájková / Premiere Apr 2016)
o ‘Jadro’ (Zuzana Hájková / Premiere Dez 2015)
o Substitution in: ‘Strieborná tekutina strieborná niť’ (Julyen Hamilton), ‘Roots’ (Stanislava Vlčeková ), Rozmanité teórie Zemi (Jakub Nvota, Zuzana Ďuricová Hájková), ‘From side of a man From side of a woman’ (Jozef Fruček), ‘Lososy’ (Zuzana Hájková), ‘Dotkni sa tanca’ (Zuzana Hájková)
- Graduation performance ‚Water Net’ (Choreography: Shai Faran), SOZO vim, Kassel (DE)
- Diploma work ‚We Are Rosalie’ (Project: Julia Kannewischer), SOZO vim, Kassel (DE)
- ‘Open Campus Iwanson’, ‘Jubiläumsgala 40 Jahre Iwanson’, Munich (DE)
- ‘Open Campus Iwanson’, München (DE)
- Participation in ‘Stückchenweise’ as dancer and choreographer, Munich (DE)
- Public Exam Copenhagen Contemporary Dance School, Copenhagen (DK)
- ‘LINEA’, Casino Zug (Choreography: Andrea Flanders), Zug (CH)
- Participation in ‘tanzzentral’ with ‘BURNOUT’ (Project: Julia Kannewischer, Lea Grunder), Zug
- Participation in ‘tanzzentral’ with ‘GAUKLERIN’ (Project: Julia Kannewischer), Zug
- ‘LÜPF DINI SCHUE’, Steps Festival (Choreography: Oliver Dähler), Central Switzerland
- High School Graduation project ‘INDIVIDUUM’ (Project: Julia Kannewischer), Zug
June/July + September/October 2018
- teaching anatomy for the TTC at YogaBeachHouse, Biscarrosse-Plage
- teaching VinyasaDanceFlow Retreat (July 18) at YogaBeachHouse, Biscarrosse-Plage
Since February 2018
- Yoga teacher at STUDiO FAYO, Lucerne (CH)
- Yoga teacher at BodyWorx Fitness Company Zug (CH)
Since January 2018
- Yoga teacher at Indigo Fitness Club Zug (CH)
September 2017 – March 2018
- Yoga teacher / Dance teacher substitution at TanzAtelierZug- diverse Workshops (Yoga, Ballet, Contemporary) at TanzAtelierZug (CH), INDIGO FITNESS CLUB ZUG (CH)
Since August 2017
- private yoga classes in Zug
- Hot Yoga at JogaSrdcom, Banska Bystrica (SK)
- yoga for the dancers of Divadlo Studio Tanca, private yoga classes, Banska Bystrica (SK)
September 2015 – Mai 2017
- ballet for beginners at Divadlo Studio Tanca, Banska Bystrica (SK)
- children dance, jazz for teens at offbalance, Kassel and Tanzwerkstatt, Kassel (DE)
- children ballet, TanzAtelierZug and Stadtschulen Zug (school sport), Zug (CH)
- July/August: participation in the educational project ATLAS at ImPulsTanz – Vienna International Dance Festival 2018
- June: 200h Yoga Teacher Training (YogaAlliance), Yoga Beach House, Biscarrosse-Plage (FR)
- 3. year at SOZO visions in motion, Kassel (DE)
- 2 years of education at Iwanson International School of Contemporary Dance, Munich (DE)
- Pre-education at Copenhagen Contemporary Dance School, Copenhagen (DK)
- Kantonsschule Zug, Matura (High School) (main subject: Latin), Zug (CH)
- Ballet, Jazz, Modern at TanzAtelierZug (Andrea Flanders), Zug (CH)